Want to read extracts of my work? Read the latest chapter of my new novella, The End of The Dream for free online

Tuesday 1 December 2009

Nanowrimo 2009: final score = 93462

So close!

Never mind. I came close enough to 100k to say that I jolly well gave it my best shot. And I would have reached 100k if it haddn't been for a couple of small factors over the weekend - out on Friday night, hungover on Saturday, hand cramping on Sunday and giving me nightmare visions of having carpal tunnel syndrome. In th end, only coming 6500 short was pretty impressive. I still have a ways to go before I can write 'The End'. The novel itself will probably make it to 100k. Excerpts to follow. Maybe.

I didn't get to bed until about 2am last night, I was too busy jubilating on the forums. :)

A final note for Nano 09 - I came close enough to writing 100k to want to try it again, but at the same time I don't ever want to go through that again. It's back to 50k for me next year.

No comments: