Want to read extracts of my work? Read the latest chapter of my new novella, The End of The Dream for free online

Monday 14 September 2009

On Writing (warning: rant)

Wow. I wrote 4248 words today. I love having days off work and not having anything planned because then I can pretend to be a real author, and that this is actually my job.

When I have days like this, I feel like I could seriously do this every day for the rest of my life. I'd probably have a good go at writing 4000 words every day, too.

It's one thing writing and disciplining yourself to write when you have had a 3 day weekend, and have had a mimimum of 8 hours a sleep each night for the last 3 days.

It's a completely different story when you are smack in the middle of a working week, with only 6 and a half hours sleep most nights, and the dread of what horrors the rest of the week has in store for you hanging over your head, and only four hours in the evening to do all the millions of things that you need to do, and you can see the tension wired into your face (seriously, I look about 2 years younger on Saturday night than I do on Thursday night. Weird), and writing gets pushed right to the back of the queue in favour of watching Pirates of the Caribbean (again...).

Ok, rant over. I just need to update my progress bars with my super dooper word count. :)

No comments: