Want to read extracts of my work? Read the latest chapter of my new novella, The End of The Dream for free online

Saturday 26 September 2009

Day 12 in the big brother house...

Nothing much to report, hence the silly title. I'm not dead, just been sick for a few days (you say cold, I say swine flu. Ha) and immersing myself in Tim Burton films.

Hopefully this weekend I can get some work done on both my novels. I won't be able to work on them for the next two months (see schedule below) so I need to leave them in a good place. Already Dancing For Ribbons seems like a novel someone else is writing. It's growing away from me somehow.

Schedule for the next 2 months:

October 1st - 14th: Revise The End Of The Dream

October 15th onwards: Character building, worldbuilding, plotting for 'Jingle Scissorhands Cat'. That's not the real title, but considering that last year, my NaNo novel had 3 titles by the time I did the 3rd draft, I'm not pushing for one. I'm using a very abbreviated method from my 2YN course, as it has worked so well for D4R.

If I have any time left in October I need to do some NaNo practise to see how hard it really going to be to write 3350 words every day (including 'school' nights).

November: Write 100,000 words. Piece of cake...

No comments: